The duties and responsibilities of the governing board are:
- Establish goals and evaluate outcomes.
- Adopt & evaluate policies.
- Approve the organization and charter school budget.
- Hire/evaluate the Corporation CEO and Superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Communicate with the community.
Orenda Education and the Orenda Charter School District is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Each member serves the parent organization and the charter school with five campuses and its students as their primary focus.
Each board member is appointed for a two-year term by the board nominating committee. The appointment of board members and election of officers are conducted annually in June, July, or August.